Here we give you some information which is in our opinion required for a good functioning of your Joomla-site (versions J 2.5.x/J3.x)
- MySql (minimum 5.1.x)
- Apache min: 2.2.2x
- PHP 5.3
(MySQL, XML, and Zlib functionality enabled within the PHP installation)
other server site settings:
- Server API: CGI (suexec with suPHP as Apache 5 handler :: crucial for scurity!) !!!
- Zend Engine v2.2.0 with ionCube PHP Loader 3.1.xx preinstalled/Optimizer 3.3.3
- PHP-memory limit 128MB
- No Open base restrictions
- Upload limit 100 Mb (most have 2 Mb)
- Curl enabled
- GD Support enabled (at least 2.0.34 compatible)
- Open SSL-support enabled
- allow_url_fopen enabled (needed on most hosts to automatically upgrade Joomla)
- Zip (enabled)
- Mod_rewrite enabled (SEO/SEF!)
Joomla server requirements:
- Register Globals Emulation = Off
- Register Globals = Off
- Magic Quotes = On
- Safe Mode = Off
- File Uploads = On
- Session save path = Writable
- Cpanel with X3 theme or....
- Plesk (note Plesk does not allow for zip/tar-extraction on the server: cPanel does!)
- Minimum 200 MB disk capacity (Joomla base + some basic components + database + emails = 50 Mb)
- Chat/Telephone/Email support?
- Uptime stats last 3 month’s (viewable by customer?)
Minimum requirements hosting package:
See GWS-Host.com how the GWS-Group servers are configurated!